Seeking a Part Time GAME MASTER to join our team.
Captivating Worlds is a premier entertainment venue in northeast Columbus (near New Albany). We provide fun and challenging entertainment through our immersive escape room-like adventures, which include next generation technology and special effects. Our 5,600 sq. ft. facility will provide 5+ different themed immersive experiences to various groups including businesses (team building), families and friends. Location: 5495 New Albany Rd. W, New Albany, OH 43054.
Responsibilities May Include the Following:
- Create an outstanding experience for each and every guest
- Welcome groups, outline rules, introduce the Experience
- Dedicate 100% attention to your group as you remotely monitor their progress through the room via camera and microphone feeds. Provide clues, hints, nudges at the right time to enhance the experience. Be fully familiar with all aspects of room and ready to trigger something manually as backup for any system issues.
- Conduct debrief following the experience, including providing additional story info, noting what was done well and answering questions, and taking group photos
- Guide group back to lobby, provide souvenir cards, transact retail sales.
- “Complete group” in system to send out pictures and update system and Facebook
- Disinfect all props, surfaces and air after each group experience
- Carefully, quickly and accurately re-set room
- Prop re-set according to checklist
- Systems re-set according to checklist
- Report/fix/replace any props accidentally broken by guests
- Maintain cleanliness throughout facility
May also include the following, depending upon incumbent’s experience and skillset:
- Assist in building, wiring, painting, etc. as we create new Experiences
- Assist with social media posts/marketing
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable speaking to groups
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with technology, including computers
- Reliable and responsible
- Okay with flexible/variable schedule
- Knowledge of any/all of the following a plus: Tools, building, electronics, social media marketing
- Experience working with the public preferred
About the job:
- This is a PART-TIME position.
- A shift is required each Saturday.
- Paid training will be provided.
- Pay will be set according to skills and experience. A rate increase will be provided when applicant is fully trained and able to run and re-set an Experience independently.
- This is NOT a summer-only position.
To apply: Please forward your resume, include 1 -2 paragraphs highlighting why you would be a good fit as a Part Time Game Master at Captivating Worlds as well as your pay rate expectation. (Applications without this required information will not be reviewed.) Please send all of the above to us via email at [email protected]